Pet battle changes are now revealed for World of Warcraft’s Shadowlands alpha.
Several changes Blizzard had previously shared a thread which appears to be now deleted. In that post they discussed abilities they’re aiming to look at. These abilities included:
- Black Claw and similar abilities that increase damage taken by a flat amount.
- Hunting Party and similar abilities such as Flock.
- The Shattered Defenses debuff effect from abilities such as Hunting Party or Flock.
- Any large percent-damage-taken or percent-damage-dealt buffs or debuffs.
- Twilight Meteorite and similar long-cooldown damage-splitting abilities.
- The Jar of Smelly Liquid ability.
- Hermit Crab.
The deleted post mentioned that the team wanted to provide “ample warning” of these changes before they arrived. As to the date of release the team didn’t mention a thing. The goal of the changes is to make certain pets less effective. They also made certain strategies less effective.
In case you missed our previous post, Blizzard is requesting feedback on Torghast. Specifically, they want to know if it feels too rushed, if you weren’t able to defeat a level directly due to Torments, and more.