The Ship of Heroes developers promise us “the best UI in the galaxy”, as the game goes live. To demonstrate progress towards that huge goal, they posted a new blog, showing the how players can modify each element of the UI in one of two ways: Through a global resizing slider or every element can be resized and moved on its own.
The changes so far:
- Game sounds can now be regulated to fit the player, with individual volume controls for the following: footsteps; background noise; game music, and combat sounds.
- Character portraits has been upgraded a couple of times.
- As before, significance manager allows the player to make tradeoffs between FPS and graphical quality, depending upon the power of their computer and the quality of the internet connection they may have at any moment.
- Multiple pieces of the UI can be independently minimized
- The force field controls, the mission objective, and the vendors are more visible on the minimap now.
- Also, branching dialog now has form of the conversation bubbles.