So, I can make you happy, because the long-awaited patch 5 for Baldur’s Gate 3 has appeared, in which such features as an active roll in an early access RPG have appeared.
Previously, some of the more important features for patch 5 were closed, such as the aforementioned active roll and non-lethal attacks.Also, keep in mind that your patch 4 saves will be incompatible with patch 5.
As for the patch 5 itself, the patch notes are quite substantial and cover improvements, additions, updates for the Apple M1, the game and balance, changes in combat and many fixes. For example, a non-exhaustive list of improvements and additions includes:
- Added new scenes that expand the mysterious artifact of the Heart of the Shadow.
- Added new recruitment scenes with Shadowheart.
- Added 12 new magic items as a reward for loot and quests.
- Revised the user interface of the active roll during the dialog. This includes an improved display of bonuses and double dice for a roll with an advantage or disadvantage.
- Now you can use spells and items to increase the chances of throwing during the dialogue.