So, Elder scrolls online continues to improve and refine the experience in regards to testing the upcoming Blackwood expansion . That’s what’s changed.
Most importantly, the companion system as a whole sees several improvements and fixes across the board, starting with more general fixes, behavior, combat, quests, and more. For example, if you are currently having some problems with the progress of the quests, the team has made the following changes:
- Fixed an issue where the Mother’s Obsession quest could be blocked after saving Irenni.
- Fixed an issue where firing Mirri during one of her quest scenes would block the quest.
- Bastion now respawns if it gets stuck during the Competition and Contracts quest.”
- Fixed an issue where you could release Irenni Elendis without calling Mirri.
- Fixed an issue where not calling Mirri when searching for an area would require you to leave and re-enter the area after calling it.
- Fixed a rare issue where companions could appear without equipment in some quest contexts.
This patch includes settings for Rockgrove Testing, crafting, economy, exploration, detailing, hulls, and more. You can read the full PTS patch note here. Blackwood is the latest chapter to appear in Elder Scrolls Online in just a few weeks in June. The team spent quite a bit of time describing the new additions to the game, including the companion system and other features such as Oblivion portals.
And more recently, the game’s director, Matt Firor, spoke in an interview about the success of the MMO and the future of the game. In addition, the 12-player group limit was recently confirmed due to performance.