With the release of the long-awaited crossover, interesting details about the update became known:
- In addition to Jack Sparrow and Davey Jones, other characters in the franchise will appear, including Josham Gibbs.
- The plot revolves around the Golden Key to other lands – the greatest pirate treasure that Jack Sparrow has found. Davy Jones followed him into the world of Sea of Thieves, but here he lost his strength.
- Jack Sparrow will not become a static NPC, but will be an active member of the team: for example, he will inhabit your ship and warn when resources are running out.
- A Pirate’s Life is based on five Tall Tales – long quest chains. It should take from 8 to 12 hours to complete the main line from the expansion. Each Tall Tale offers at least one powerful in-game reward. In addition to gameplay items, there will be “cosmetics”, including the outfit of Jack Sparrow.
- The update will add three additional zones – “The Sailor’s Tomb” with a tavern and a bunch of Easter eggs, “The Sunken Kingdom” with new opponents and “Sea of the Damned”, where the dreams and nightmares of pirates are stuck between life and death. The Zones are connected by Tunnels of the Damned, a new lore piece that allows developers to bring whatever they want to Sea of Thieves.
- There are many fresh opponents, and they appear not only in zones from A Pirate’s Life. For example, you will find three types of “ocean crawlers”, ghosts, flocks of sirens and kraken.
A Pirate’s Life tried to make it accessible and pleasant to play through: a new storyline campaign can be launched directly from the main menu.