Indie developer Space Boat Studios and publisher Playway are preparing a new game on a pirate theme. The game will be called Out of Reach:Treasure Royale. They will launch it later this year on Steam. The game was first announced in March 2019. The package is quite simple: gather a crew, create a sailing banner, travel on your ship and start a rebellious career as a pirate who only cares about his treasure and his rum. Sail the seas, look for trouble, be the last pirate standing to get all the treasures for the taking!
What will happen in the game?
In Out of Reach: Treasure Royale, dozens of pirate crews face each other on the open sea and islands in a fast-paced, battle-royale style gameplay, focused on sailing, looting, bombarding and hunting treasures. While everyone starts off with just a sword and 10 cannon balls, they will eventually control their own pirate ship. Combat, exploration, and looting do not just take place on the seas, as there are currently 3 big regions consisting of several islands each with various biomes, towns, castles, wreckyards and ominous caves.
Core features for Out of Reach: Treasure Royale:
- When eliminated – fight as a skeleton pirate against the others or wait for your crew to perform a revive ritual
- Complete objectives and protect your treasure against other crews in the center of the Archipelago to win a round!
- Use fully interactive ship to sail, ram, bombard and outstrip your opponents
- Find loot, treasures and enemies on a 7sq mi (20km²) ocean with more than a dozen of islands.
- Win a battle-royale style round against 25 to 99 other pirates