On October 6th, New World gets the first major update after release. Patch 1.0.1 is mainly about the AFK timer, the queue and several bug fixes.
What changes in the AFK timer? Due to the high queues, many players have tricked them so that they can still stay in the game even if they have to AFK for a longer period of time. After the new patch, this should no longer be so easy:
- An additional AFK prevention has been added, which ensures that players cannot trick the existing system with simulated mouse movements.
- The first AFK warning now appears after 15 instead of 20 minutes.
- The kick for players who are AFK now takes place after 20 minutes. Previously, you were only thrown out after 25 minutes.
- An additional query has been added to the queue when you leave it. This is to prevent you from accidentally leaving the queue.
- The projectiles of turrets in war have been changed to make the performance more stable.
- In the shop you will be able to see the first options for the upcoming free character transfer.
- The annoying bug around the interaction key “E” has been fixed.
- A bug where players could endlessly loot the same container with items in it has been fixed.
- In addition to these changes, there were 30 other bug fixes. We have included the full patch notes below.
When will patch 1.0.1 be released? The new update should come into play today, October 6th, at 12:00 p.m. CEST.
It is currently unclear whether the release of the update is associated with longer maintenance and thus downtime. Because already this morning, around 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m., there was maintenance.
General bug fixes:
- Fixed a rare issue where the interact button would not work properly on various objects in the world.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the barrel from appearing in the Pirate Stance emote.
- Fixed a bug where players would not receive any coins as a reward for some activities.
- Fixed a bug where the fast travel animation was interrupted. As a result, characters could get stuck inside a house.
- Fixed a bug related to area reputation rewards. Some translations were missing here.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in players being asked multiple times to claim titles for achievements after logging back into the game even though they had already claimed those rewards.
- Fixed a bug that could freeze the animation of the legs.
- Fixed game crashes associated with New World’s Twitch integration.
- Fixed a rare bug that could cause players to get into a state where most attacks could no longer hit them.
Fixed a bug that allowed certain containers of items to be looted indefinitely.
Fixed an issue where the “Discard Event” message would sometimes remain visible even after the player canceled the event.
Bug fixes related to the AI and quests.