The Elder Scrolls Online is currently in a crossover with the heavy metal band Trivium. You can take part in wacky metal challenges all through September and even win prizes. What you have to do and how it works, you can find out here.
What kind of event is that? From September 7th to 27th, 2021, everything in ESO will be heavy metal! Because every three days there is a new community challenge that lets you do special heavy metal tasks. The whole action takes place in cooperation with the band Trivium, which was already announced during Quake Con 2021.
What is Trivium? The metal band Trivium comes from Florida and belongs to the genre of metalcore / progressive metal. Her texts deal, among other things, with mythical events. On October 1st, Trivium will also present a brand new ESO-inspired music video. That’s because lead singer Matt Heavy is an avid gamer and Elder Scrolls fan. That was also the reason why the collaboration with ESO came about.
Why is there a heavy metal event right now? The current topic in the Blackwood chapter are dark demonic beings from a hell-like dimension that bring death and perdition.
In addition, a grim red giant named Mehrunes Dagon leads the hostile hordes and the whole presentation with red flames and black metal monoliths exudes a hearty heavy metal charm. Such a metal event fits in thematically well.
ESO is looking for the metal superhero – you can do anything
What kind of challenges are there? As part of the big heavy metal challenge, there is a new challenge every three days. The different tasks are:
- Build a stage in Housing for a rock concert inspired by Oblivion (September 7th – 9th)
- Write a song on the theme of Oblivion (September 10-12)
- Dress your hero in the game with the outfit system as “metal” as possible (13-15 September)
- Put together the ultimate heavy metal playlist to fit ESO and Oblivion (September 16-18)
- Find and show a monster that is most “metal” in ESO (September 19-21)
- Think of the ultimate metal band name with ESO or Oblivion reference (September 22-24)
- Comment on the September 25th picture of Mehrunes Dagon with the perfect caption! (September 25th – 7th)
What are the prices? You can then post the respective submissions on the topics on ESO’s official Twitter or Instagram account, don’t forget the hashtag #ESORocksOut.
At the end of a challenge, three possible entries are selected and given one of four prize options:
- A code for a pink or green torchbug
- 1,500 crowns
- A code for the ESO Standard Edition
- A code for the update to ESO: Blackwood
What has already been sent in? There are already some cool submissions on the ESO channels, including this cool concert stage. Since the event has only just started, there are sure to be more cool submissions, especially the lyrics and metal costumes should come across. So it remains exciting to see what the fans will come up with and how the cooperation with Trivium may continue.