The Division 2 will go into weekly maintenance on Tuesday, March 17, starting at 4:30 AM ET / 1:30 AM PT for around 3 hours, on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. According to the patch notes, this update will fix issues that players have reported as part of the game’s Warlords of New York expansion, which rolled out in early March. [Update: Maintenance had to be extended but has now concluded and the new update is now available on all platforms. The game is also now available on Google Stadia.]
One of the most substantial bugs that has plagued the game since that launch involves players manually resetting seasonal manhunts, with some players reporting that they lost progress, or the game failed to properly calculate it. This update disables the ability for players to reset the manhunts until publisher Ubisoft can develop a final fix for later in March. It also fixes an issue where certain encounters were giving players too many keys.
The Division 2’s Warlords of New York Boosting expansion added new maps to the game’s New York City environment and a totally-overhauled gear and power system, as well as raising the level cap to 40. It costs $30.
Full patches notes below:
- We are temporarily disabling the ability to reset seasonal manhunts to prevent lost progression towards a manhunt. This is a temporary solution while we are working on a more permanent fix meant to release later in March. Once the final fix is implemented, we will reactive the ability to reset manhunts.
- Fixed a progression blocker where an NPCs became stuck at the last stage in Castle Clinton.
- Fixed an issue that granted an incorrect number of Specialization Points and SHD level.
- Fixed an issue where blue quality items dropped from regular NPCs in the DZ regardless of player max level.
- Fixed an issue where players would gain multiple seasonal caches.
- Fixed an issue with seasonal cache rewards becoming contaminated if players leveled in the season whilst in the DZ.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from gaining seasonal XP from DZ activities.
- Fixed an issue where enemy NPCs would disappear at The Nest Control Point, halting progress at the “defend stage”.
- Fixed an issue that prevented completion of The Nest Control Point on challenging difficulty.
- Fixed an issue that would cause some NPCs to be stuck at spawn in various Control Points.
- Fixed some puzzle reset issues on all Hunter encounters.
- Fixed an issue causing Hunter encounters to give too many keys.
- If you received too many keys, you won’t receive new keys until your completed encounters match your amount of keys.